The Essentials of Project Management for Non-Project Managers
Everyone gets assignments that require more planning than jotting down some tasks on a “to-do list,” especially in today’s lean organizations. Have you been asked to take on complex activities such as moving the office, planning for a large company-wide event or developing a new set of procedures for tracking employees’ mobile devices? If you’re not a trained Project Manager, these can cause big headaches. Adopt the basic tools and skills of project management to make the difference between success and nightmares.
What we will cover
- Recognize the “business problem” before the project begins
- Organize tasks easily into logical groups of activities
- Create a project plan to guide all your efforts
- “Manage” your project “team” even if you don’t have one
- Keep critical stakeholders informed and involved
- Track progress and recognize quickly when things are slipping
- Lead effective project meetings
- Demonstrate successful project completion
- Apply lessons learned to the next project.